door handle springs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a few replacement springs for door handles, I don't want new handles as the ones I have are good quality and it would be a real waste.
I have seen 1 web site 94p each trouble is postage is £7.80 stupid or what :rolleyes:
any ideas :?:

Sponsored Links
If you have better luck, post back cos I need some as well! :D

have you tried a Spring merchant yet?

http://search.msn.co.uk/previewx.aspx?q=steel+spring+supplier&FORM=CBPW&first=1&noredir=1

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=steel+spring+supplier&meta=

Torsion springs
torsion.gif

Sponsored Links
tried all these but its just getting ones suitable, the coiled type.
if you could get something exact?

thanks for your input ;) [/img]
They’re the ones! Sorry didn’t check your location; :rolleyes: postage is a bit more manageable here but I think £6.64 is still a rip off. :( I managed to effect a repair by fitting a spring from one of the old handles I took off 18 months ago (that’s how long the new ones lasted!) but it’s not really strong enough. Had a quick Google but nothing immediately obvious came up; will have a more detailed trawl later today & post back if I find anything more reasonable.
;)

I had a similar problem a few months back and I took the handle to my local (independent) locksmith and he found me a spring in a "bits" box, FOC . Good man !

I just got a pack of 6 for £5.95 on Amazon with free P&P - There seems to be different types available from different sellers, but they're all of the curly flat type shown in the posts above. Some seem to have two turns and some two and a half turns. Some are also thicker than others. It was a lot cheaper than replacing the handles - and a lot easier (the screw holes in the plates never seem to be in exactly the same place!) :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back