Door hinge come away from cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The handle on the oven oven door came off and whilst repairing this, the hinge (attached to the oven door) has worked it's way loose and come away from the cooker. I guess the bolts on the other side had come loose. There's no way of gaining access to put new bolts on the back of screws. Has anyone any ideas on how to fix this?

Sponsored Links
Need more info.
Is it a drop down door or side opening?
What make oven?
Built in / free standing etc
Oven door hinges are not normaly nut & bolted.
What do you mean you cant get to it?

Thanks for your reply. It's a freestanding Creda cooker with a side opening door. Sorry you have a female posting here and I just assumed there would be small bolts on the other side of the cooker panel holding the hinge together. Any ideas to solve this gratefully received!

Depending on the model some screws just go into the body of the cooker some older ones have a plate behind it.

Sponsored Links
You have 2 problems I think.
Fix the hinge
Fif/replace the door handle
The hing can be refitted, you will need to remove the side panel, maybe 2or3 screws at the back with 1or 2 at the front.
But then what about the handle. Has it broke or just come off.
How old is the oven?
Once you know what model number your cooker isyou can look for a new door handle, the cahnces are you will have to remove the inner panel from the door.

Luckily I can see exactly what I've got to do with the door handle. I'll have another luck at the side panel later in the hope I can get that off! A new cooker is out of question as had new boiler, pc screen, microwave and kitchen electrics (none planned for) in the last two months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back