Door hinges lining up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys just fitting a new internal door , had to reverse the opening becsuse the frame where the old was fitted, the hinge side was split.. got it fitting the opening ok....I've fitted the hinges on the new door..how do I mark the hinges on the frame ? The floor is laminate in the room, connected by a laminate to carpet strip, hallway which is carpeted..do I simply hold the door up against the door frame with spacers equal to the connecting strip height and mark the hinge location? Ta

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
On the door - measure the distance from the top of the door to the top of the top hinge and to the top of the bottom hinge; add 3mm (1/8inch) to that measurement and mark the door lining/casing those distances down from the head of the lining/casing. using a hinge as a pattern with the top of the hinge against marks you have made, now mark around the hinge lining/casing with a sharp pencil or scribe with a knife.
chop out with sharp chisel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back