Door lining positioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm refurbing my downstairs bathroom / cloakroom and need to install a small stud wall and door lining at the entrance. The old for was a bifold to avoid hitting the sink inside, but not keen to go down that route. Do is it acceptable to have an outward opening door instead?

I've attached some pics, the for will be close on either side to others doors so not sure how to finish the architrave of it ends up close to the other frame. So would centring the lining & door in the gap be the way to go?

Thanks for any advice given.
IMG_20221202_092943.jpg
IMG_20221202_092955.jpg

IMG_20221202_093012.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've lived in an apartment, purpose built 1978, with an outward opening toilet door (our toilet was half way along the dog legged hallway). The door was hinged to open so that as you exited the toilet you were facing the front door

Many new properties are outward opening bathrooms and toilets. Many people collapse on bathroom and toilet floors and you can't get in to help, so that sorts that problem.
Many switch it though when they're move in as don't like it

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, have gone for it with an outward opening door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back