Architrave on wonky door frame

30 Jan 2014
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I need to put some architrave up inside the bedroom, but the door frame opposite the hinge side of the door is wonky. The door shuts nicely at the bottom side but there is probably an 8-10mm gap at the top side. Taking out that part of the door lining and levelling it isn't an option.

Is buliding up the inside of the lining a possibility? If so how would I go about it?

If not, do I put the architrave on wonky? Pretty sure this would look bad. Or do I put the architrave level, and just have bigger gap at the bottom between the edge of the architrave and the door frame? :confused:
Sponsored Links
It is almost impossible to pack out a door casing the way you propose. It is possible to shoot in a door to fit an out of square opening, although the best way to deal with this might be to pull out the casing, correct the width at the head an reinstall it and finally shoot the door in. Much more work, though
post a pic,you might be able to move the bottom hinge in a tad?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links