Door stop moulding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 44x0.9mm stops and need to replace on one door. Really struggling to find this dimension. Plus mine are all bullnosed on the non-door slam side.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Local timber merchants for the 44 x 9mm in square edges planed softwood, if necessary have it ripped down to size from larger stock. Put the radius edge on using either a router and round over cutter, a block plane or even a spokeshave, finishing off by sanding. A relatively simple DIY task TBH

As an afterthought, a joiners shop should be easily able to take a 9mm rip off the edge of some 2 x 2in or 3 x 2in PSE (PAR, or planed) stock for you. I'd actually do that myself on site with my small portable (cordless) rip saw in just a few minutes. Those two sizes should actually be 44 x 44mm or 70 x 44mm finished sizes to start with which suggests that the original installer quite likely did just that on site and then rounded off by hand as door laths are generally something like 22 x 12mm finished size with square edges

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back