Door to window conversion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

I wonder if you could help me at all.

I was thinking of bricking up my kitchen door at the side of the house (leads onto shared drive)

We never use it and I think I personally it would be better use to have a Frosted glass window along the wall instead allowing more light in and space for extra counters.

My questions are:
A) Will getting rid of a door lower the value of the house when it comes to selling etc? I assume a nicely done kitchen would put more value on than a door but I wanted to check!

B) We had cavity insulation done on the wall in question. Is this going to be as messy as I think it is?

C) Do I need planning permission? (I am the homeowner)

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Is there another back door providing access into the garden? Do you have a garden? If its muddy outside and you come in from the garden where do you take your wellies off etc?

You would not need planning, Building Regs, not unlikely, you’re doing nothing structural. Though an ickle very rough pan of the house and its exits as existing would help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back