Door weathering threshold beneath existing alloy cill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Doors I am ordering (timber laminated/insulated from Russell Timbertech), have a narrow alloy "stormguard" as they call it cill. They will be mounted at DPC level - which is flush with internal FFL. The alloy cill ptovided is not wide enough to reach over the edge of the brickwork. I don't want to add a futher big thick hardwood cill which would either add a high threshold or require me to lower the DPC. I have currently specified the complete frame height as builders opening -15mm, so I don't have too much spare height to play with.

So what is the normal way of dealing with this and weathering in the door? I'd say that I possibly could do with an alloy folded section (or something) like shown below, but I can't find any ready-made solutions.

This really can't be so unusual - can it? So what does one normally do about this? - short of adding a thick hardwood cill?

4373932848_89fdfc8d5b_o.jpg

Sponsored Links
I doubt very much there is anything on the market to do what you suggest, what i would do is go to you local steel stockholders and get a bit of brushed stainless cut to the width of your opening, im sure they'd be able to put the two folds in too

Yep, it seems like this is probably the way to go. I'll find a friendly metal folder.
It's surprising that a door manufacturer (who drew a bit of a blank themselves at this) makes a product which seemingly can't be fitted into a normal opening with any standard off the shelf stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back