Door wire broken - Candy "CDB 264-80" - fixable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone; would really appreciate some input into a problem I'm having with my washer-dryer.

My cretinous oaf of a flatmate pushed the "door open" button right inside the machine. Once we'd managed to get the machine away from the wall and open it up, we noticed that the wire in the pictures below had become disconnected. Hopefully it's clear from the pictures that it seems to connect to the door.

Even if we manage to retach the door mechanism (the plastic bit that came off when we got the button out from the innards of the machine), are we wasting our time, given the state of the wire? We've tried switching the machine on to test it, and the "stop" button is flashing, indicating a general fault. We can only assume that the door isn't registering as "closed".

If I need to buy a new washing machine, c'est la vie, but obviously if it's fixable I'd rather do that!

Thanks very much,
Andy.

YEyyAjt.jpg

qTeT158.jpg

DGB87ro.jpg

lfa7rvY.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Sure, it's just a push on terminal that's used all over the place.....either bare the wire and solder it back on, or get a crimping type from a motor factors and repair that way.
So long as the wire is tight in the connector, all will be well!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back