Dorran (PRC) Home Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all! I'm trying to sell my old house which the surveyor has listed as of Dorran construction. We'll not mention that the survey when I was buying made no mention of it being Dorran and, in fact, stated the house if of 'Standard Block and Render' construction. Moving swiftly on...

I have had one sale fall through due to the lender not wishing to lend against a Dorran house so have done lots of digging iwth the Council (previous owner, 2 before me) and have found that they had a lot of work carried out in 1992 due to the Housing Defects Act 1984.

The building warrant and plans show replacement of the Dorran structure with a block outer skin, rendering and installation of an internal timber frame and new plasterboarding etc. They also fitted central heating, re-wired, re-plumbed and fully refurbished the house.

The completion certificate notes the work carried out as 'NTHAS Repairs and Alterations' - any idea what NTHAS is?

How do I get the surveyor to change the survey to reflect that the house isn't a Dorran any longer, even though it's still in there? Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance as this is stressing me out! Cheers, David

Sponsored Links
It doesn't seem to work that way, Once blighted - always blighted. Dunno why.

Non Traditional Housing Appraisal Scheme - filed under QUANGO ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back