Dot and Dab over a Wall treated with KA Tanking Slurry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating a house and have used KA Tanking slurry on various outside (solid) walls to control any damp issues. It's a great product and does exactly what it says on tin. In most cases I have built a stud wall adjacent to the treated wall, filled with Celotex, applied a vapour barrier and plaster boarded. However, there are certain areas where I can't build a stud wall and have to attach the boards to the treated wall with adhesive. The company advise that you can't use dot and dab as the substrate is now waterproof and the moisture will have no where to go whilst its drying and will condense on the wall and suggest using a dry (foam) fix method such as Soundall or Everbuild dry fix.
My question is this, why can't I use conventional dot and dab? surely the moisture will be absorbed into the plasterboard and evaporate and even if we do get condensation surely this will just evaporate?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I think they are being over cautious and they use a belts and braces approach to installing their product...personally i would go ahead and fix it with drywall adhesive...unless someone can say why not.

Thanks, Thats what I thought but I don't want to run in to a problem down the line. Does anyone have practical experience of dot and dab onto tanking / impervious surface?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back