Double Check Valve on mains - Legal/BuildingReg Requrement ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The question:

Is there a legal/Building reg requirement to fit a Double Check Valve on the mains supply feeding the kitchen and Bathroom?

I am in the process to fitting a new bathroom, and ended up ripping out the pipe work in the kitchen as well. All cold taps are now fed from the cold mains supply. I will be getting a combi boiler in a few months time, so at the moment, hot water is fed from the gravity fed tank.

I read somewhere ( and I can't remember nor find where ) that since the water was not via a tank, I should fit a DCV so I did. ( Possibly because I am in a block of flats)
But this has caused noisy flow and water hammer ( which has been suppressed some what with the addition of a water hammer arrestor )

The shower already has SCV on both feeds - and can't reach the toilet. I believe this is sufficient )

Can I / should I remove the DCV ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No requirement for DCV on standard kitchen/bathroom supplies. As long as you are using suitable taps backflow protection is via the air gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back