Double check valves.....can they restrict flow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine has two basins in two separate bathrooms mounted symetrically, back-to-back, on a stud partition wall. The flow rate to one sink through both hot and cold taps is fine but through the other both hot and cold supplies are very poor. The only difference is that the sink with the restricted supply has each of its pipes fitted with double check valves. Can these make any difference to the flowrate? Maybe they scale up after time. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Valves on both hot and cold? Sure they're not pressure reducing valves? What sort of h & c supplies are they?

kaboom said:
Valves on both hot and cold? Sure they're not pressure reducing valves? What sort of h & c supplies are they?

Actually, you could be quite right there as the basin with the weedy flowrate is one of those glass jobbies without an overflow. Perhaps then it is compulsory to fit PRVs in this case. I must say I couldn't work out as to why there would be DCV's in this position. Thanks for any advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back