Double glazed window and PVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I recently purchased a property which has got single glazed windows throughout and a old front door which has a window missing, how much would we be looking at to have all 7 windows changed to double glazed and have 2 PVC doors fitted to the front and rear.

As all companies we ask for quotes want to come out and give a quote which is not a problem but the house isn't ours yet as we are in the solicitors stages.

Thanks
Sam

Sponsored Links
That's cheaper than I thought, just trying to get rough idea.

Cheers for the reply

Thats very rough, could be a grand or could be 15, when the house is yours go and get your quotes

Sponsored Links
Do you mean upgrade the glass to double glazed or replace the windows ?
Double Cranks estimate I'd say

I just made a number up as we have no sizes, location or styles, it's like asking how much would it cost to build a house

Change the windows to double glazing to UPvc as it's old Victorian wooden sash windows at the moment, looks nice but with wooden floor it will get very cold.

Of course its low read my posts again, how can anyone honestly give a price for 7 windows and 2 doors with no other details, its like asking how much would it cost to build a house like i said

I just made a number up as we have no sizes, location or styles, it's like asking how much would it cost to build a house

Phew! I was going to say 1500 would about cover the doors lol.

Assuming its all basic, Good access, nothing unusually large, no bays and your going for standard white PVC. Also assuming your not in London or somewhere like that.
Around £650 per door and £350-£550 per window

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back