Double glazed, wooden garage / workshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wooden garage/workshop that currently has single glazed perspex windows. The recent cold and damp spell has got me thinking of installing some double glazed units in place of the perspex. I am not installing any UPVC frames just the glazing units. The perspex is held in place by wooden beads so relatively easy to remove.

How much should I allow for expansion of the glass when measuring up for the DG units?
How should I seal the glazing and will I need to pack it centrally into the frames?

Sponsored Links
From my experience wooden frames on sheds are quite thin and unsuitable to try and fit a DG cell in them.
There are usually shops/sheds at some waste transfer stations where you may be able to pick up some old units complete with frames for a couple of quid or try the likes of Gumtree/Facebook Market Place/FreeSell etc. On these free sites I believe some people are willing to give them away to save them the trouble of taking them to the tip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back