double glazing advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.... I have taken a double glazing unit out from my conservatory door ( a right ball ache ) the gasket on the other side of the beading is glued to the frame and the unit was taped to the gasket ( double sided adhesive ). is this normal ? I was told that the gasket should come out first then the beading and the glazing unit should not be taped or glued in. when I fit the new unit should I put it back as I found it ( double sided adhesive ) or just place it back in and fit the beading
help please
mickcoulson

][/b]

Sponsored Links
Was it externally beaded?
If so I would replace the security tape to prevent break ins.

There are many different makes of windows that all vary a bit on how they are glazed. Be glad you didnt come up against security clips!

Was it externally beaded?
If so I would replace the security tape to prevent break ins.

There are many different makes of windows that all vary a bit on how they are glazed. Be glad you didnt come up against security clips!
no the beading is internal

Well in that case its a little odd and the tape didn't need to be double sided.

Make sure before you glaze it all back in you know about "heel and toeing" (have a google) basically its packing the glass correctly to prevent the door from dropping and having to do it all again at a later date.

Sponsored Links
Well in that case its a little odd and the tape didn't need to be double sided.

Make sure before you glaze it all back in you know about "heel and toeing" (have a google) basically its packing the glass correctly to prevent the door from dropping and having to do it all again at a later date.
thanks for that that's the first I've heard of heel and toeing,brought it up on internet and here is quite a lot of info on it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back