Double glazing cracked advice re cost of replacing plse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

after a little advice if possible, any help is appreciated........

Right a few nights back me and the other half were asleep and at around 3 or 4am there was a very loud thud! We both woke in shock but couldn't work out where it had come from.
Anyway lastnight I found the side window next to me in the bedroom has a long crack running along it from the inside :cry:
I have read about this and it seems it's not uncommon and can be due to the the way the windows are made and usually happens in the winter months.

My only problem is the windows were fitted roughly 2yrs ago so they are not old, the other half called the company today and they said that there will be a charge for the replacement as they only cover fitting defects such as closing/locking mechanisms for which we have had to call them out atleast 3 times already with no charge.

Does this sound right that we pay for a window that cracked possibly due to cold weather?
The fitter is due to come tomorrow so I will be speaking with him about this and any advice from you guys and gals would help. :)

Cheers
John

Sponsored Links
you have now accepted there terms so you will now have to pay them an inflated price
ask a local company how much it will cost to replace a x th+x w+x h sized double glazed unit in a bedroom window probably around £80 fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back