Double Glazing Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys & Girls

Hope your can help with my question. Recently moved into my new home and my back door and patio door have started develop damp on the inner part of the doors and around the frame. Its really strange. Also when it started ****ing it down the other day i found a puddle of water near the back door and the patio door? I've attached some pictures for your reference.

Sponsored Links
looks like condensation to me,wipe it all off with bleach and vent the area as much as possible.

If there is a leak then your doors may in fact need resealing, which isn't an extensive job and can be easily a quick DIY job. Try using some filler around the door, it may be a simple problem like this.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies

I've had a look around the frame and can't see any leaks. The frame is wooden with a aluminium door. Am guessing this must be a old style door frame? the wooden frame maybe the blame here i think?

Can't rule the timber subframe out but i know way back when these were popular the subframes were made from brazilian mahogany something of a rarity nowadays i'm led to believe (think we chopped to many trees down to quick!), top quality hardwood and pretty dense so i doubt very much it's become porous, my guess is its condensation, the older stuff was a nightmare but newer say 90's onwards had a thermal break to try and alleviate this but without 100% success

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back