Double Roman Tiles - Extension and Existing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting an extension built, my existing house roof tiles are a brown double roman granulated finish, the house is 40 year old, I was thinking to reroof the existing with brown double roman smooth tiles and the new extension which forms a hip onto the existing so it looks new and uniform..

The existing garage and canopy, which isn't getting done is like a bold roll tile.

My question being is a smooth tile a better choice also what it the better manufacturer to use I've been told Marley is good but Redland are on my plans or is there no difference in quality or price..

Is there any to keep clear of also?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think that you are going to a lot of expense and mither just for the sake of matching old and new tile.
40 yr old tile, unless delaminated, should be good for years to come.

However, Redland or Marley produce an almost identical product in terms of quality - go with choice, price and convenience.

I prefer smooth tile, but thats not a technical judgement.

I must add the felt and lats are going to be replaced as well..

I was quoted £3000 to reroof the exisiting roof, that the extension joins too, that includes felt, lats, tiles, etc and scaffodling required and skip..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back