Douglas James Shower pod valve replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower valve to change on a Douglas James shower pod,aboiut 10- yrs old.The valve lhas two concentric knobs,each with a "rod" sticking out to give purchase.
I think the small knob should come off after unscrewing the knob and the allen screw the knob screws onto,but it is stuck solid.
I cant get at the back of the pod so I'm wary of applying too much force,any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Lubricant, limescale remover!

What model is it? There's a couple of videos on YouTube that might help!

try removing the c-clips around shaft if rusted it will be hard to see

Thanks,I've found the videos,but it is an earlier valve I think.I think I will just have to get a bit agricultural with it. Try 2 hammers either side of the knob maybe,like releasing a taper joint on a car suspension,or just saw the knob off.darent tug too hard,there is too much flex in the mounting.

Sponsored Links
Yea,nothing to lose really,gotta come out one way or another,really,really not wanting to remove the pod! Thanks for the help.

Hi Mike,

Did you manage to get your Douglas James shower pod fixed

I have the same issue and need a new chrome lever and the on/off chrome cylinder the lever attaches to.

Regards,
Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back