Thermostatic shower valve replacement on/off knob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since installing the shower several years ago the thermostatic shower valve on/off knob has been rubbish (please see pics). The knob is attached to the valve via a grub screw. It regularly needed re tightening and then I have regularly replaced the grub screw as it no longer gripped. Recently every time I used the shower the knob just turns around and I have to use an adjustable wrench to turn it off. I have found a replacement part (http://www.steamshowerparts.co.uk/product/chrome-onoff-knob/ ) but am concerned that I will have the same problem. Is there an alternative way to attach the knob to the valve spindle without just using a grub screw? The diverter valve (not on the spindle) appears to have a thread on it that does nothing. Thanks for your help.
View media item 82994 View media item 82995 View media item 82996

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back