Replacement radiator knobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plastic knobs on the wheel valve and lockshield valves on all my rads are 25 years old and crumbling, meaning I have to use a wrench to turn rads off or adjust temp. Are eplacement knobs available anywhere? Failing that, is it possible to get a tool that justs sits over the spindle of the valves instead of a wrench? (These are round with two flatted sides.)
I'm told the plastic does "go off" over the years. Is this a ploy to make you buy new valves just because the knob has cracked or crumbled?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
"a tool that justs sits over the spindle of the valves instead of a wrench" is a 3/8in-square-drive 'universal socket' 7mm-19mm. This is a socket filled with sprung pins to grip various sized nuts, the pins completely filling the aperture; the 9mm-21mm version with pins that leave gaps does NOT grip in this situation. Any combination of adaptor, handle and/or extension for 3/8in sockets can be used to drive it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back