Down Lghts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting 6 50W downlights in my kitchen, is standard 1.5mm o.k, is this o.k to do myself under the new regs.

Sponsored Links
My local council charges £110 to register work in a kitchen so to DIY costs more than to get an electrician in.
1.5mm cable OK for low voltage i.e. 230 volt but well under for extra low voltage read post on ohm's law and that shows problems very well.

Thanks, am familiar with ohms law, work as a lift engineer so have plenty of wiring experience, but not so hot on regs and current laws, wiring is sometimes haphazard in my game, am happy to do the job myself but appreciate that a proper sparky knows the correct cabling to use. Am fitting 240v downlights, did'nt realise that this work would require signing off officially, it does'nt seem like a big job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back