Downstairs radiators not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a gas boiler that's regularly serviced by British Gas and was checked only a couple of months ago. That's working fine and my upstairs radiators are also working fine. However all of my downstairs radiators are stone cold this a.m. I've tried air-bleeding them with an allen key, but on each one no air escaped, just a small trickle of water, so now I'm stumped. Any ideas? Cheers :)

Gilly

Sponsored Links
if you have a separate zone valve for the downstairs rads,then this may be stuck in the closed position

No, I checked and I don't have a zone valve.

Also, the central heating pump in the airing cupboad started making a slight whirring noise earlier, so I've asked British Gas to come check it and they're coming tomorrow. The guy I spoke to on the telephone said it sounds like the pump is/was the problem with the cold rads.

Thanks for the response though! Much appreciated :)

Gilly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back