Downstairs Radiators not Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I posted a query on this subject a couple of weeks ago about injecting sludge remover into the radiators which I have now done & also put a rad valve with a drain off in place of the existing one. I turned the heating back on and bled the radiators but only the upstairs ones are getting warm - the others are stone cold. I've opened the valves up again (flow & return) so I'm stumped as to what has gone wrong. Any ideas?
Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links
probaly airlocked in the drop down pipes from upstairs.

try shutting upstairs rads and running system

Hi, I posted a query on this subject a couple of weeks ago about injecting sludge remover into the radiators which I have now done & also put a rad valve with a drain off in place of the existing one. I turned the heating back on ...
Has the cleaner been sitting in there with the boiler off?

Upstairs rads have trv's. I've put them on their lowest setting. Is that the same as turning it off completely?
Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links
shut them to 0
the lowest setting providing the house is warmer than the lowest setting.

Hi, I've done that & downstairs rads are getting warm. Will I need to bleed them again if it's an airlock causing the problem?

ok-wink.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back