Downstairs toilet light blowing fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hope you can help

Bit of an odd one.

I have a downstairs toilet with a light obviously. The last couple of days either turning the light on straight away or leaving the light on for several minutes, the fuse in the main box under the stairs blows.

I have no other lights on in the house, and I have tried the light switch without the bulb in and it still blows. I am no electrician (hence why I am on here!) but I checked the wiring as best I can and cant see any obvious faults. Wiring is obviously concealed behind the wall so I have checked behind the light fitting and the switch.

The only thing I can think of is mice. We have had mice recently and when I looked on top of the fuse box there were mice droppings. Maybe they are causing a short?

Anyone have any ideas? On my 10th fuse now!

Sponsored Links
I think you have answed your own question.
You need to get your mice dealt with & get an electician in.

The only thing I can think of is mice. We have had mice recently and when I looked on top of the fuse box there were mice droppings. Maybe they are causing a short?
Time to call in a spark with an insulation resistance tester. Might not be good news though. :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back