Downstairs toilet questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, my first post:

I am thinking of having a downstairs toilet and basin fitted. We currently have 1 bathroom upstairs, which has a shower (over the bath), the bath and basin and wc up there.

We have a hot water cylinder, again standard, 117 litres.

The loft tank is largish (standard about 50 gallon type)

Will this tank be enough to supply the new toilet and basin downstairs.

We also have a sink in the kitchen which uses the hot that is supplied from the cold water tank in the loft.

My 2nd point: what is the easiest way to connect the toilet waste (new toilet downstairs) to the drainage system? The drain runs in our alley way (shared) which is right next to where we want the toilet. Our neighbour had 1 fitted about 7-8 years ago. WIll it need a special connector? We have an old 2 pipe systen, 1 soil stack at the back and a hopper head for our basin/bath/wash machine/sink waste.

Thanks for any help available.

Sponsored Links
The water supply is fine.
You could have a macerator fitted and plumb the basin waste into that and then connect to the soil stack using a strap on boss. Loo waste must go into the soil stack and not via your hopper. Or connect the new loo to the soil stack, you would need to fit a soil branch and you could then feed the new hand waste in the new branch fitting. You should also fit a vent fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back