Downstairs toilet soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking about getting a downstairs toilet put in and a possible route for the soil pipe. The downstairs floor is a suspended timber floor.

The pipe would need to drop straight down from the toilet to below the joists, then about 6m run under the floor, through the outside wall below DPC level and then into the existing stack underground, about 600mm below ground level.

Are there any issues dropping straight down from the toilet with a 90 bend, dropping down about 300mm at a guess then another 90 to run under the floor, or is that normal practice?

How would the connection be made to the soil stack underground, just teed in, and then buried again? The existing stack is cast iron, so I was planning to get that replaced at the same time as getting the soil pipe connected in.

Sponsored Links
Bends etc are normal, that isn't really an issue. Are building control involved with the new drainage?

Bends etc are normal, that isn't really an issue. Are building control involved with the new drainage?

Thanks, yes building control will be involved. Not planning on running the soil pipe in myself, whichever builder I get to do that presume would take care of all regs and building control requirements.

Just trying to get some idea of where we thought about installing the toilet was feasible, seems it is.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back