Soil Pipe dilema

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dilemma basically the current house i have has no upstairs toilet so planned on running a soil pipe down the wall into the sewer.

Problem i've got is the downstairs toliet runs the exact same route as i wanted to run the upstairs toilet (the downstairs toliet stack being internal)

Can you break into the downstairs stack underground and join that one ?

or

Should i replace the whole lot and run a new soil stack for both up and downstairs toliets?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Some where there should be a vent pipe going up the wall, can't you connect into that.

Problem i've got is the downstairs toliet runs the exact same route as i wanted to run the upstairs toilet (the downstairs toliet stack being internal)
internal meaning stub stack ?

Should i replace the whole lot and run a new soil stack for both up and downstairs toliets?

would be a better idea ;) :?:

or you may be able to extend off the existing as long as you vent it :idea:

nope no vent to attach to its a house built in 1935 and it looks like the pipe work goes under the house....

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised there's no vent pipe.

The easiest way will be to dig down outside and fit a slipper on the pipe and build an inspection chamber.

They existing toilet could well go straight into the drain with no ventilation, plenty done like that, arent most downstairs loo's like it, on their own run to the manhole??

If you have a manhole, then id suggest you provide a connection from there underground to the location of your proposed stack. This will need a long radius bend (or 2x 45 deg bends) at the base of the stack, then come up from here with your new stack.

yup deffo no ventilation it runs straight to the man hole,

would i be able to "break" into the other pipe underground and T it off ?

the reason i ask is the pipe run close to where the new stack would be and in the direction the new stack would run

You would need to take it from the inspection chamber.

Make a hole in the side of the chamber and fit a slipper the correct angle on the channel, and pipe away from there.

You will need to bench it all up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back