changing soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP we have just bought a new toilet but have been told to have it fitted we will need to change the soil stack as the new toilet connections wont fit in to the iron cast soil stack. The existing soil stack is inside the house and goes straight through to our downstairs toilet and into the floor to the outside drain. would this be a big job to change it ourselves.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb seems to be inferring your installer may be trying to make a fast buck! I tend to agree with him. I've just installed a bathroom for the mother-in-law and had no problems sliding the new waste-outlet into the cast-iron soil stack. I'd get another quote - and not from the Bard!

Was the old toilet raised on a plinth which makes the soil stack branch higher? If not i can't see way a Multiquick pan connector can not be used. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
WE have had a few quotes now and have been told the same by all the plumbers that new toilet fittings wont go into the cast iron soil stacks because of the different measurements of fittings and pipes, The toilet is not raised and the pipe from the toilet goes down towards the floor and then straight into the soil pipe. We have been quoted between £200 - £500 to change the soil stack and are really wanting to know if there are any fittings out there so we would not have to change it at all

p1076802_l.jpg

these do :eek:

YEE HAAA :LOL: I am going to agree with the bad guys because I`ve seen a cast soil that isn`t the right size for an internal connection.. SO I USED an external rubber drain connection...not pretty but neither am I . But I am cheap . Don`t touch gas but I`ve got the T shirt for most other things :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back