Dozy complacent dog owners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a plumber. When I enter a property the customer often says “are you ok with dogs?”
I say yes. Then the door opens and one and more often two , dogs belt toward me , punching my knackers and covering me in dog hair. It’s as if the dog is human and must “meet” the guest so the dog is not offended. Please please dog owners. Do us a favour and put it in a room or outside.
I went to a Christmas lights turning thing today Hundreds of people kids etc plus the hand full of idiots who take there dogs. Stressed animals barking and preventing the commentary being heard. Leave the stupid flea bitten stinking thing out side in a kennel. They don’t belong inside nor on the furniture nor heaven forbid on the beds. Also if you are a minor tv celeb restore your career by doing a dog rescue / homing prog with all the attendant eye watering soft soap whilst humans sleep on the streets and can’t get mental health care.

Sponsored Links
I am a plumber. When I enter a property the customer often says “are you ok with dogs?”
I say yes. Then the door opens and one and more often two , dogs belt toward me , punching my knackers and covering me in dog hair. It’s as if the dog is human and must “meet” the guest so the dog is not offended. Please please dog owners. Do us a favour and put it in a room or outside.
I went to a Christmas lights turning thing today Hundreds of people kids etc plus the hand full of idiots who take there dogs. Stressed animals barking and preventing the commentary being heard. Leave the stupid flea bitten stinking thing out side in a kennel. They don’t belong inside nor on the furniture nor heaven forbid on the beds. Also if you are a minor tv celeb restore your career by doing a dog rescue / homing prog with all the attendant eye watering soft soap whilst humans sleep on the streets and can’t get mental health care.

Are you a dog lover? :)

Some people actually keep dogs that are capable of tearing a young child to pieces. And they are proud of the fact. 'Kin idiots.

Id love to be in a position to have a dog. Black lab would be my choice, but there is no way I would ever leave a child alone with one.

Sponsored Links
My son grew up with two german shepherds (father-in-law's). He was never left alone with them but I was amazed at how protective of him they were - if we were out walking they would always put themselves between him and anybody they didn't know and the change in attitude was amazing - until they were sure that the stranger was not a threat they would not move or take their eyes off the individual.

My daughter has a golden retriever who exhibits the same tendency to protect her.

Great animals - sadly some are 'owned' by idiots.

Dogs have a dignity that a lot of humans don't possess, given the choice I would choose a dogs company every time.

That David Blunket had to have his guide dog put to sleep recently. That must have been pretty devastating for him tbh .

Dogs have a dignity that a lot of humans don't possess, given the choice I would choose a dogs company every time.
Do you thing a dog will wipe your ass for you? They will also rip a baby to shreds. Dignity my erse.

I would not expect a dog to wipe my ass, nor would I put a dog in a position where it would have an opportunity to touch a baby let alone rip it to shreds.
I would ask it to be in the position where it rips to shreds someone that is trying to attack my wife, daughter or me when walking in the park with them. (German Shepherd and Akita.)
Cars can kill children when in the hands of someone who does not control them correctly, ditto guns, knives etc.

However I have never had a snuzzle from a car, gun or knife when upset, never been able to be comforted by them.
My dogs on the other hand are like family members.

Any dog can be dangerous.

There was that case of a guy that fell asleep drunk and his lakeland terrior dog killed his baby.

The worry fir ne is that the least responsible people in this country are those most likely to have the most dangerous breeds.

Whilst installing a CCTV in a scrap/skip yard, on the second day one of the 'guard dogs' took a dislike to me and with out warning attacked me.
100_1133.JPG
100_1134.JPG
1st picture is my calf, 2nd picture is the rear of my left thigh. I never used to be bothered by dogs, but now I'm quite wary of them!

Sponsored Links
Back