DPC - Again

Sym

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK I know DPC is a common topic.

I have an old house c1850 witha slate DPC. However the kitchen, which sticks out at the rear does not seem to have one. It has certainly been damp but the floor was an old solid one and the land at the back is above 2 feet above the floor, we are also on a hill so water comes down. The floor has been dug out, and a trench dug out at the back. We can not see a slate dpc at all. Will it need some form of dpc do you think ??? Also the wall is two bricks thick with no cavity

thanks

Sponsored Links
House has no DPC, walls are granite and 500-600mm thick.

I have just completed a french drain at the back of my own house.
the existing patio had been laid to a fall, unfortunately the fall was directed at the house not away.

I have stripped the patio, dug a trench 2 feet deep and filled with 50 mm h/core with no fines.
This is covered with a geotextile, although not fully wrapped.
the patio substrate has been lowered by 100 mm and now falls away from the house at about 10mm per metre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back