DPM Detail around Peirs? Urgent..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, 6m of concrete arriving tomorrow morning 9.30. Type 1 down, blinding sand then DPM down, then mesh on bricks, all good, however how do i finish the DPM round 2 peirs I have, eg 2 external corners.
Also the dpm is just overlapped ( by 6 feet ) assume this is ok moisture wise?

Busy day tomorrow. :)

opps forgot, this is a garage floor, concrete is c25 and will be 150mm thick.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Sponsored Links
Cut the polythene on the corner edge then add another strip behind the upturn to cover the gap.

A 1.8m overlap is plenty! :eek: :LOL:

All sounds fine Alex, you actually don't need to overlap it by as much as 6 foot but you've done it now so you might as well leave it. Is there no "play" in your DPM upstands around the piers so you can shape it suit?

EDIT: Just seen Nose's reply. Do as he advises and just form a new piece behind each pier with appropriate overlap.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys,

Will be able to sleep now. The over lap is that big as the dpm was 3m wide, and the garage is 4.2m, and as i am unlikley to use the rest of the dpm didnt see any point in cutting it down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back