DPM to DPM overlap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having overlapping a new piece of DPM with an existing one.

The concrete slab shown in the photo's had sunk due to settlement of its deep (90 to 100cm) reject stone foundation. The area of slab and foundation from where the photo's have been taken has been removed and a new foundation put in place. The stones below the exposed visible slab have been consolidated by injecting pure cement/water mix, from the bottom of the stones up to the top, to form 7 or eight mini-piles (just visible capped with yellow sand/cement mix).

I can push the new DPM underneath or above the existing to give an overlap of about 60 to 70 cm and spread it out from side to side without too much difficulty. What I can't do is get it to slip up the sides of the existing slab.

Do I need to get the new DPM up the sides of the existing slab, if so, how do I it? I've considered cutting the existing slab along the dotted line shown in the last photo and then do the same for the other side.

5014535088_47436ff765_s.jpg
5013881809_bcdc2e82c1_s.jpg
5014487740_48b25a6123_s.jpg
5013879861_f5e6564018_s.jpg

Kind regards.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back