Salvaging DPM membrane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning all,

So I rushed the installation of my DPM membrane to make use of some available concrete.
Lesson learned..
As a result the DPM has a few messy corners & untidy folds. Generally OK on the straights.

Anyway I now need to salvage the situation.

Current build-up. 150mm stone + 50mm sand blinding + DPM + 100mm slab.
On top of this i will install 50mm insulation + 60mm sand/cement screed + tile

I have a few options available to me.
  • Cut the DPM to lap 50mm onto the DPC as would 'normally' be done and live with a few untidy areas. The bricklayer should be able to deal with this?
  • Cut the DPM just above the slab. Lay a new DPM over the slab and lap it with the DPC as normal. This gives me the advantage of not having to deal with wet concrete in contact on the underside of the insulation.
  • Cut the DPM above the slab and lap & tape a new section to tuck more neatly into the DPC
  • Cut the DPM and run it to the level of the DPC (but not tucked it).

This is a small porch so no building regs required but still looking to do a decent job.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 117
Sponsored Links
Any thoughts much appreciated.
Looks perfectly ok to me. All I do, prior to laying the damp is hack away some of the double and triple folds as they lay on the brick (horizontal excess not vertical) and trim back so that about 50% of the dpm covers the brick.

Looks perfectly ok to me. All I do, prior to laying the damp is hack away some of the double and triple folds as they lay on the brick (horizontal excess not vertical) and trim back so that about 50% of the dpm covers the brick.
Do you mortar under and ontop of the dpc?

Sponsored Links

Will trim is back and see how it looks.
Thanks for the input!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back