More DPM?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there...

Im about to lay 12sqM of screed in a small extension and Im not sure whether to use DPM or not.

I suspect my hesitance could be as a result of working on a building site nearly 10yrs ago, the screeders used DPM but I think this may of been specifically because of block & beam floors... but wanted to ask the question to be sure.

The floor on my extension is a concrete over site, 150mm (with 142mesh) on 75mm of insulation board on 1200DPM (sand & hardcore beneath). The concrete is tamped to DPC level and I need a 50mm bonded screed to get up to floor level in the house.

The bricklayer cut the DPM level with the house DPC. Do I need to lay the screed directly on the concrete slab or do I need to lay another sheet of DPM before I lay the 50mm screed??

Thanks, Al.

Sponsored Links
And if your worried about damp getting past the rather dodgy dpm/dpc join, get some liquid dpm and paint over the join and put some water proofer in the mix.

Sponsored Links
the dpm should have lapped the oversite, not cut off.

and no, screed straight onto concrete slab, its good practice to slurry the floor with water and neat cement, use a knackered old brosh for this. Its so the screed adhears to the floor not the dust ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back