Drain Down Worcester 30CDI Conventional Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I need to replace the Auto Air Vent on this unit. Does anybody know how to drain this down?

Perfect would be a list of instructions for a dummy. I will enlist the help of my father who is handy with boilers, CH & plumbing etc - but is unsure of how to drain this one.

Any help very gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is it the 30CDI FS? ( Floor Standing system boiler?) Sealed system or vented?

Word of warning, this is a system control device and really needs to be fitted correctly or problems could be introduced.

If so there is a drain point on the return flow valve. Isolate flow and return on system and drain at the valve.

Thanks very much Rob - its a wall mounted conventional unit.

Do I need to drain down the entire heating system (got a hot water tank upstairs - boiler is downstairs).

Is it just a case of shutting the boiler down, letting cool and then draining from the drain point?

Sorry for the many questions.

Many thanks again

Joe

Just realised - that's the purpose of isolating the flow and return - you don't have to drain the entire system.

Sponsored Links
A conventional boiler isn't going to have isolation valves for a start, or at least they shouldn't.

On another note, the drain point involves removing cover, shouldn't be done by someone who doesn't know what they're doing... Ie someone "handy" with boilers and plumbing but who doesn't know how to drain one...

Just saying..

Ah, apologies then, as brassed mentions, if it's the wall hung conventional then it won't have valves tho it does have a drain tap which would allow the boiler to be drained.

I must also agree with Brassed though, if you are asking what needs to be done before draining then it would be advisable to have a professional perform the job.

Why are you replacing the AAV in the first place?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back