Drain for shower problem. Urgent!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Not sure if this is correct section to put this but as it's a plumbing issue I guess??

Anyway, i'm tiling a bathroom floor and have a grating as pictured below. the problem is it's too low for 10mm tiles and I feel a slightly deeper sided one would look more level with the top of the tiles.

Does anyone know where I can get one quickly, about 10-12mm deep? The tiles being 10mm would prob need 11-12mm??

Cheers,
Mike

Sponsored Links
I may be missing something here but can't you temporarily wedge it to the right height and use a thicker layer of floor adhesive which you can shape in-situ with the cover plate off once the adhesive starts to go off? The width of the lip of the baseplate doesn't seem to be wider than the grout lines and will be hidden accordingly

I had thought about that but considered maybe that was too easy a solution when I really needed a deeper lipped surround to do it properly. It's just it will sit on a waterproof floor membrane and whatever lies on top of it can't puncture it. I'll have a dig around the garage and see what I can find.
Thanks for the swift reply.

:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back