Drain off immediately after stop cock? DHW drain off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice seems to be to put drain off immediately after the stop cock. Does it have to be?

Doing it like that puts my stop cock really close to the floor and even more awkward than they usually are.

The split between ground floor and upstairs happens about 10 inches from the ground floor floor level. So the stop cock has got to go before the split. But does the drain off have to go there. Couldn't I just put it anywhere on the ground floor circuit that's low down? In fact if I sited it somewhere else I could get it lower than the stop cock.

Does the DHW circuit need a drain off?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Normally goes immediately after stop cock. Where does your incoming rise? Is it under your kitchen sink?Can you Provide a picture?
Your DHW drain off would normally come off the bottom of your hot water cylinder. If you have a combi then it doesn't apply. Most new builds would have drain offs on hot and cold pipes on kitchen sinks and wash hand basins on the ground floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back