Drain Pump on Seimans Siwamat Plus 5401 Washer/Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

The above machine has given great service, but a couple of weeks ago I had to replace the magnetic value on cold water delivery. It would not stop filling.

Everything seemed okay, but this week the machine has started to get ‘noisy’ when pumping out water from drum. The noise is more of a grrrrh than a grind.

The pump still works, but I think it is struggling. I have taken the cap off and the blades are not obstructed and they rotate freely.

I suspect the motor is almost burnt out, because it had to work hard to counteract the constant delivery of water before I fixed the valve. I am prepared to purchase another drain pump, ~£70.

Before I do....

Is it likely to be something else? What should I check?

How do I get access to the pump? Can I turn the machine on its side, without supporting the drum?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Sponsored Links
Generally on machines you can access the pump from the rear (removing the rear plate) or from the underneath (tip the machine back onto a wall)

You can get pattern parts/universal parts that fit alot of these machines as they dont make the parts themselves but buy in.

I dont know the specifics with your machine though as I dont work too much on siemans branded kit (more bosch which is part of the same group)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back