Drain query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This drain is on the pavement right outside (1m away) the entrance door to my block of flats. I assume it is to take surface water away, it is slightly uphill and about 1m away from a Scottish Water 'Sewer' inspection cover, I assume they are directly connected.

My neighbours in the ground floor flat are concerned it might be blocked (though it's not causing any problems and it's not overflowing). It has some water in as you can see and did not drain quickly when I poured some water down it. I don't know if that is normal and as it should be. Any thoughts?
20170113_161836.jpg
20170113_161853.jpg

Sponsored Links
Never assume anything with drains. It looks to be full of muck/crud, a good clean out wouldn't hurt, but leave that to the Pro's, do not stick your hand down it! If its for collecting rainwater runoff from the pavement, it could well just go to a soakaway, if you are worried the building may suffer water ingress I'd get onto the Management company for the flats and ask they get someone to come and look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back