Drain valve to stop rats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will this Drain valve fit old drain or just new plastic ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191014-222147_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-222147_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 123
Sponsored Links
Where are you planning to fit the rodent barrier?

Suggest this as an alternative
https://mcalpineplumbing.com/wc-con...rb-1-anti-cross-flow-and-rodent-barrier-valve
Plumber fittied a flexible pan connector today but then I seen the hole in the one out and its a rat. But to be honest I have had problems with rats at this property in past so if one gets fitted at sewer it will stop them getting into soil pipe altogether and they was even getting on roof. I know why now.

I could of fitted that one you recommended if I already had not of had this fitted today . However if I do not get this drain valve fitted quick I think I will have another toilet repair as they will chew through this second pan connector.

Sponsored Links
I've only ever fitted them to pan connectors. The stack was taken care of by a wire cage.

The usual reason given for rats gaining entry via WC pans or destroying flexible pan connectors is that the light (either from the pan or through the flexicon) gives them a route out of the system.

On one (farm) property the fitting of the McAlpine barriers worked very effectively - prior to fitting they had the same issues as you seem to have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back