Drainage Capacity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Looking for some help, am installing a new kitchen in a new room.

My plan has drainage to 50abs on the plans but my plumber has only used 1.5" pipes (40 abs). He said that would be enough!

Does anyone know if if building regs will allow this with a run of 8 metres or am I screwed??? (hope not).

Pete

Sponsored Links
Where does the waste pipe terminate? If it is connected to a stack, it's too long and will need a McAlpine trap at the sink to let air in (otherwise the trap will gurgle empty and you'll get drain smells in the room). If it discharges over a gulley,it should be ok and should discharge below the grating but above the water level in the gulley. Pipe should be laid at a 2.5 degree fall (one inch thick block taped to a one metre long spirit level does this for you). I think you need at least one expansion joint, maybe more, check manufacturer's free literature for this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back