Drainage problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an En Suite Sower that does not drain as fast as the shower flow. I believe it is due to the fact the fall away on the drain is not steep enough over a 4 meter length.
Is there a pump that could be fitted along the 40mm drainage pipe to assist and prevent the shower tray overflowing?

Sponsored Links
OOI, has it always been like this, and have you checked the trap for accumulated hair and toenails ;)

Sponsored Links
Not easily, I do belive it is due to the shallow angle of fall on the drainage and this cannot be increased.
Are there pumps available?

There are two types of pump available, saniflow do a shower waste pump powerful enough to take it up and over if necessary. 40mm waste to pump then out in 22mm plastic one long length. This costs me 150 plus vat, but probably costs you quite a bit more.

There is anothet pump which just assists the flow. I haven't used one, but an architect customer of mine pointed it out to me. Lower powered but adequate for a shower, doesn't mind being run dry, but won't pump up and over like the saniflow.

The second option seem to fit the problem. Where are these purchased? (Web links appreciated.)

It looks like a carry over from the mobile home boat market, so I would expect it to require a 12v dc power supply. These are available cheaply as used by radio hams for their rigs and other uses best to look on ebay. When you get the pump see what MI's suggest.

Maybe Whale make a suitable supply or a 230v version.

14lpm is quite limited, I'm not fully confident this is ideal for you.

When I am faced with this problem I use the saniflow shower pump. It's the only saniflow product I use. If people want toilet waste pumping I flatly refuse. They have to get someone else to do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back