Draining a Baxi Bermuda W Back Boiler System & TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have to install trvs on Radiators in a Bungalow. The system comprises a Baxi Bermuda W Back Boiler and 5 Radiators.
What is the correct method to drain the system or do i only need to drain part of the system?
The Radiators are located in the Kitchen,Hall, Lounge, Bedroom1 & 2. Do i need to install a trv on the Radiator in the Hall? Or use the Rad as a Bypass?
Should i fit a Thermostat in the Hall & if so do i wire it in series with the Time Clock?

Any Help & Advice Gratefully received

Colin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
well be serious your not a plumber.

23_33_6.gif

if someone brave enough to let you loose in their house.

surprised-004.gif

whos not sure where to start.

This according to the Moderators is supposed to be a friendly site where people can ask for help and expect respect.

So please give me both
If you can then please answer my questions in a proper manner

You need to drain down the system.
Find the feed and expansion cistern(in loft?) and close off the isolation valve to this.If it's not got one you will need to shut off the mains at your internal/external stoptap.
You may or may not have a drain-off point downstairs or under the floor somewhere.
If you look inside the boxed in section at the side of the chimney breast where the fire is you may find one there at floor level.
If not you will have to drain down from a ground floor radiator valve(after emptying the contents of the radiator) Once system starts to drain -after a couple of mins of this- you can start venting upstairs rads and then the downstairs till water stops running.
Then you can work on your downstairs radiators.

Really glad i found this thred/topic, i have just fitted a new pump and because i have been having a few problems i decided to start a fresh and drained of my rads, i started to fill the system but the 2 rads down stairs will not fill for some reason, is there a perticular way of doing this because my way is definatly not working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back