Baxi Bermuda P W 2

T

theoutlaw

Hi all, I have a very old Baxi Bermuda P W 2 that is misbehaving.
I do almost everything myself but gas and boilers are not my thing.
It has a new pump, valves and has recently been flushed drained and inhibited, trouble is it will fire up for a minute of so and then flames go out.
All the stats seem to be working ok, and the system is flowing nicely.

Anyone got any ideas what this could be?

Cheers for now

Tony

Sponsored Links
poor/no circulation is the most likely cause, the boiler is reaching temp and going off as it should do because the heat is not leaving he boiler, check the pump is circulating, the zone valves are open and the system is full of water.
PS the model you are quoting is the fire not the back boiler, if it is quite old it will be a 401 or 552

Cheers for that, a new pump was fitted about a year ago along with new zone valves and as said already it seems to be flowing well. It is when the boiler fires up for a minute or so it then cuts out.
Could there be a faulty thermostat on it, if so can it be replaced?

Cheers

Tony

It has a new pump, valves and has recently been flushed drained and inhibited, trouble is it will fire up for a minute of so and then flames go out.
All the stats seem to be working ok, and the system is flowing nicely.

Tony

Forget what you think and think of whats happening!

The boiler gets up to temp and the stat cuts out. That means no flow.

If you dont want to believe me then measure the boiler flow and return temps!

Problem is either pump or blockage. As simple or as complicated as that.

Tony ( Another one )

Sponsored Links
Not by any chance a pump valve turned off . if not big airlock would be the obvious

Nice one gents,
I will look into it. As I said before all seems well with flow until tonight, the system has been running for about 2 hours with another sludge remover, the pump has now started making a noise. Time to get tough with it. Would a power flush be advisable on an antique system (30 years old) or a good dose of mains back fill?

Tony

Just had my mate out who does gas for a living, thermostat is buggered on the boiler, detects overheat far too early.
System is running fine (Flow) all valves fine pump fine, it was getting noiser but is fine now???

Thanks for you advice chaps.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back