draining central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:I want to drain central heating system in order to replace a downstairs radiator valve can anyone suggest procedure. house is only 6 years old so newish system

Sponsored Links
You don't need to drain the whole system.

Go to the tabs at the top and click "How To" then "Plumbing" then scroll down to Central heating. It's in there.

thanks for advise ive been back through central heating as advised but still unable to identify correct advise with regard to how to drain system or individual radiator in order to replace leaking valve -anyone able to advise further (thanks oilman)

More info required. Make and model of boiler might help

Sponsored Links
Do you really want to drain thwhole system?

You only NEED to shut off the valves, catch the water in the radiator when you undo the valve nuts and then remove rad and replace.

Or are you putting in a different size radiator?

Find drain cock at lowest point, Turn off water supply to tank if system is vented,
connect hose to drain cock, open drain cock (with hose pipe outlet outside house).

aajj said:
replace a downstairs radiator valve
I think aajj want to replace the whole radiator valve ??? if so,what is wrong with the valve?

OOOOPPSS!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: I should read the posts. :oops: :oops: :oops: Didn't see the "valve".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back