Central heating drain

Classy installation:ROFLMAO:

(y)
Top marks. Agree 100%

Reading the post, pump could be the issue but my money would initially be on plastic pipe and radiator/ cylinder balancing.

If your pump is on the mid floor like a lot of new builds, wonder if pump is the issue especially when you say circulation issues are erratic. Duff pump would lead to constant problem every demand

Sponsored Links
With regard the installation, it looks a touch agricultural to me for sure but alas this was deemed acceptable to the guy who installed the system.

The pump is on the ground floor and so circulating over 3 floors which makes me think perhaps a greater head is needed.

The radiators have been balanced to the best ability of a heating engineer and slightly improved things.

what could the issue with the plastic pipe be?

interestingly ..... I was at the F&E tank looking at the vent so that i could bung it while the hot water was on but the CH was off and water was being pumped over the vent constantly. Does anyone know where to look for what could be causing this? I googled around and i hear mention of a blockage could cause this symptom to occur but if i did have such an issue could i put a product into the system to help alleviate this type of problem??

Sponsored Links
No ,you need to find the blockage ,and open the pipework to either clear it , or more likely replace pipe sections.
If you have a strong magnet ,run it along the feed pipe that comes out the bottom of the f&e tank into the central heating pipework. The first T you come to is a common place for blockage. The magnet will be attracted to a blockage caused by magnetite build up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back