Drain valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to drain my central heating system down but i have no drain valves on any of my downstairs radiators .
There i s a drain valve at the bottom of my boiler in the garage .
A plumber came round and said i would need a drain valve on all my radiators downstairs to completely drain the system.
He said it was to do with the way the pipng was .
Was he correct , can i not just get a valve put on one of them downstairs ?
Any advise would be welcome , regards Pete

Sponsored Links
You'll never get rid of all of the water Pete but a valve on the lowest accessible point will get you there as far as possible......whats on your mind?
John :)

Sponsored Links
You'll never get rid of all of the water Pete but a valve on the lowest accessible point will get you there as far as possible......whats on your mind?
John :)

Hi John , had a little problem with radiators occasionally not gettimg warm downstairs , or cold at the bottom m or at the top etc ,
I bled some and the water is very dirty, thought that system needed a bit of a cleanout and some inhinitor in .
I am bit new to all this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back