No drain off valve downstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am looking to drain off some water from my CH system but cant locate a drain off valve on any of the downstairs radiators, is this common?
If there is no valve, what other ways are there to drain some water out of the system please?

Sponsored Links
Sometimes rad valves have built in drain cocks. Check yours again. Some systems were fitted with drain cocks which terminate outside at low level. Failing that, you'll have to turn off a rad, drain the rad and use the rad valve to drain from. You don't say if your system is sealed or open vented. What you proposing to do?

Just pure laziness on the installers part. Drives me mad when they don't install a drain off.

Ps. Don't be tempted to get one of those self cutting drain offs. They are total carp.

Sponsored Links
Apologies guys, as AJStoneservices suggested, I checked outside and found it. Only just though, its sticking out from under a grill type thing (looks like a black air brick?) and was hidden under some rather tacky looking rockery the previous owners left us

45yearsagasman, need to drain the system down a bit to ad some Fernox F3 to the F&E tank, then run it through and drain again s having other problems indoors. Boiler keeps tripping out (we're resetting it twice a day) and also the CH pump isnt running. (I have another thread on these issues on here too)

Thanks for your replies guys and apologies for the back to basic questions, my dad was a sparks before he retired and I was bought up with a fear of touching anything water related indoors - Hoping to change that a bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back